Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chapter 2



Fyre!

Chapter 2

When I woke, half of the others were already up. Defnop was sitting on the side of the bed next to me sipping tea; MuffledMuffin was eating a so called breakfast consisting of muffins, crumbs spilling all over his bed sheet and Jeffers still snoring big time. I got ready with a quick breakfast I conjured with some coding while Qbix and that little penguin ACMoxon walked around and made sure people were ready. After a while we even got Jeffers up and Qbix walked to the middle of the dorm and pulled a little note out of his heart-branded briefcase.

“Listen up” He yelled in his Norwegian accent “This note was left for us at the door! Let me read it aloud.

‘Dear Fyreballers. I am glad to see you all made it safely here to Beta. Deacon will tell you later what you need to know of why you are here, when you are all ready, go to the room labeled ‘Awesome stuff’ where I will start your tour.
- XOXO Cookiecups’

So come on guys, let’s go!”

As usual when the moderators talked, no one dared to talk back so we all followed him through the door. A bit down the hall we found a door with a golden plate on it reading “Awesome Stuff”. We went in and entered a massive room, so large it felt like being outside. Too many things were in motion in this room to notice them all. There was unicorns were running freely with a group of pandas looking their way grimly, a small helicopter flying around going SOI SOI SOI, a guy who kept falling of the balcony of a house only to get up and do it again, some ginger guy in a long coat was singing to random by passers and a smiley face made out of lines kept appearing on the sky over and over. And amongst all this awesome stuff, fyreballs flew in and out of these holes in the wall, all picking up or dropping off awesomeness.

Kathleen came to greet up with the little dog Minnie right behind her. “Good to see you all here” she said. “This is the room of Awesome Stuff. Here fyreballers gather the essence of awesome to send out to others and where new awesome stuff gets dropped off for others to enjoy. Go ahead and take a look around and then meet me back here in a moment.” And then we all went out to check this room out. I had a feeling that there was too much to be seen in only a moment, but we’d have more time later probably. Cloudcow, here a complete nutter in a cow costume, was happily dancing on the grass with the unicorns; Rightfall had found a fountain of Pepsi and Nile was going around investigating stuff as usual. Since I was in close to them, I could hear Nile ask Kathleen what was behind a door in the wall to the right of the entrance with a sign saying ‘Danger! Access denied!’ on it. Kathleen simply said “You don’t want to know.”

We continued the tour a moment later. We went a bit longer down the hall till we came to a door labeled ‘Genius suite’. Kathleen turned towards us “This is where the Admins are. This is our lounge, private quarters and where all the awesome stuff for Fyreball is thought out. You may contact an admin if you think you have a worthy request, but otherwise, don’t. Behind most of all the other doors is the sub-machine of Fyreball, the machine that keep it running. Now, that was the tour. You’ll be asked to help out with maintaining Fyreball, but otherwise have fun and stay out of restricted areas!”

Now people began going their own ways. Some went back to the Awesome Stuff room, I heard Delta0Medusa say something about trying to improve that smiley in the sky, and some went back to the dorm. Defnop and I went to the Awesome Stuff room to check some stuff out. As much as I had seen his avatar before, it was still strange having this Top Hat bob up and down beside you in the height of your hip. We went into the room and it was still as lively as ever. I followed a plasma grenade tossed by this Spartan and saw the Delta had screwed the smiley up so it was now a frown. With his deep voice Defnop exclaimed “Lolwecs” at this.

After a while, most people were back at the dorm, it had gotten late fooling around in the AS room. As usual, Jeffers snore was already filling the room, even though I could have sworn to have seen him nap several times during the day. As people were getting into their beds, Sketch was still sitting up on his bed across from me. The shiny eyes of the z0mb13 qu33n avatar he possessed here haunted me as I tried to sleep.

It felt like I had only slept a few moments before the door to the room crashed open and the light flickered on. The first thing I saw was Sketch still awake and looking towards the door, so I followed his gaze and saw a 2 meters high robotic looking figure standing in the doorway. Everyone quickly spotted him, even Jeffers. “I am Deacon” he said in a loud voice “and Fyreball is in need of your help!”

_____

Original post: http://www.fyreball.com/d/AmSTQZ

So here is chapter two. If I missed anyone I promised to put in it, let me know. And if you think lolcats are all good, think again - next week.

Remember to read TFCH friday

- Ting

No comments: