Monday, June 16, 2008

Chapter 5



Fyre!

Chapter 5

Deacon held forth the Orb of Spam. “This is what will bring about the end of the lolcat uprising. But we will need a party to go out and do this task. Who will do this?” The first one to step forth was Qbix. “If a task is to be done, it is my duty to do it” he said. I then went forth, and so did Defnop. And soon nine people had gone forth. These were: Qbix, San Ting, Defnop, Rawr, Nile, Rightfall, Dualfinger, Rade and Sangheili God. “Very well” Deacon said “Nine companions. You shall be known as ‘The Fellowship of the Fyre’. Now take this” he handed the Orb to Qbix’ care “and go forth, for Fyreball!” “FOR FYREBALL!” everyone shouted in unison. “Fellowship, follow me and I will get you on your way. ACMoxon, I trust you will take care of maintenance with all the others. ACMoxon, the little penguin nodded and waved everyone else to follow him out of the Awesome Room. We, The Fellowship followed Deacon out into the hallway, and down to the lobby where we had first arrived. That door was still there.

Deacon turned around to face us. “Okay” he said “This is the door that leads out of our domain and onwards to the whole of the interwebz. It is very dangerous to venture out there, it is very easy to get lost, but being avatars I will expect you to have knowledge of how to surf. I recommend you start on lolcats.com as we’re dealing with lolcats. Good luck and may we have the admins back soon.” Qbix stepped forth and grabbed the doorknob. The door opened to a vortex of blurred colors, all moving too fast to see in all kinds of different directions. Dumbstruck only for a moment, I took a last look at Deacon and then jumped in after Qbix, followed by the rest of The Fellowship.

I floated in mid-space. The others were right beside me, but it was hard to tell things apart with all the colors rushing past. We did not seem to be moving, like when you can’t decide what to write in your address bar. Grabbing each other’s shoulders, we managed to for a circle. “What to do now?” I yelled across the many noises. “Isn’t it obvious?” Defnop said “We need to be able to surf. Give me a second.” He took off his hat and pulled out nine surf boards. When we all had one, we mounted them and instantly I felt more in control. Like I now had a browser. “To lolcats.com!” Qbix said. For a second, I was shocked as my board began moving forward at an astonishing speed, with the others right behind me. It was impossible to see anything much, but soon we were hastily going on a collision course with a big square with the text Lolcats.com written across it. My board hit the thing, but seemed to right through it, with me coming right after. Darkness enveloped me. I could hear the others gasping right behind me. I then landed face first on the ground.

I stumbled to my feet, the others around me doing so too. We were in a big dark room. We gathered close together. Rade, a young but bright looking kid with a black t-shirt with a red ‘eye’ on it began fumbling with something in his pocket. “What are you doing Rade?” I whispered “I’m looking for my Radmin Button” he said “To send some radmins out and search this place.” He found it, a red button on a little black box and pressed it in. The bottom of the box opened and a horde of tiny red radmins fell out, as if the box had infinite room for them. They ran out into the darkness, in every direction. The quiet sound of their tiny footsteps soon faded and darkness fell once again. We waited. I lit a tiny fyre to help us see and we all gathered around. A little group of radmin soon came back carrying a sleeping cat. Nile, an undernourished looking teen with a loose t-shirt kneeled beside it and shook it by its shoulders. The cat came to life with a jolt. “Vo r yoo?” it said. “Who we are does not matter. Tell us what happened here.” Nile said. “Y u wanna kno that?” the cat replied and looked nervously at the group. “We need information. What happened?” “No un car’d fo us ‘nemor when tohs cheezburger catz came alon. Evryun forgut bout us. Terh is no un cratin nw lolcatz ‘nemor. I has a sad nao. Excus meh.” Then the cat rose and to the ‘Invisible bike’ position and then sped off into the darkness. Nile turned to face the group. “We need to go to ‘Icanhascheezburger.com”

Rade collected his radmins again and we went back to find a way out. But as we walked, we came upon a door standing freely, like the one we had in Fyreball. The site facing us had ‘gud’ written across it. I looked on the back. It said ‘no gud’. “I guess we’ll take this side then?” Defnop said and grabbed the ‘gud’ side. “Thanks you Captain Obvious!” I said as he opened. We grinned as we once more hurled ourselves into the interwebz. Once more into the breach.

_____

Original post: http://www.fyreball.com/d/AD606v

LotR FTW! XD

Hope you like it, and I settled on these nine for symbolical purposes, but dun wory its k. You can still be featured of course.

Enjoy

- Ting

No comments: